Production Planning: Opening Title One

03:58

For my opening titles I decided to use After Effects to create the graphics needed for the titles.


I decided to use After Effects rather than LiveType, because it has more variety and although it is harder to use, it was necessary for the type of graphics i wanted to make.

The design idea I finalised for my opening titles was a geometric particle design and came from this youtube tutorial:

I followed this tutorial step-by-step, to achieve the end result. Overall it took me about two days, as it was a lengthy process. 

Here are some screenshots of the process, it does not show every step of the process as majority of it are in the youtube tutorial but I thought it was necessary to include the part where I personalised it to my film opening.


First I made the gradient background of shades of grey:

Then I created the particle and glare effect:





Then I created a name for a production company. I decided to go with LiveTime, because It sounded like a professional and genuine production company:

Then I incorporated the particles into the text: 

Then I combined the particle effect with the text and added a fade effect to the text so it appears only after the particles.

Then I searched on the internet for sound effects to combine my title with. All sounds used were from soundbible.com. I made sure they were royalty free and there were no copyright issues:


Then I imported the sound clips:
After this I saved it as an MP4 through Adobe encoder.

Here is the final title:


I had never used After Effects before this, but it wasn't that difficult as I tried to follow every step of the tutorial. I did have to redo it a few times as I made mistakes but I finally got the hang of it the third time.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe